Tapestry Folkdance Center is pleased to provide dance organizations, groups and individuals rental space at Tapestry for the purpose of dance activities. Contracts are required for all rentals.
Priority is given in the following manner:
- Tapestry programs and events (as determined by Tapestry staff and Board of Directors)
- Long term renters (a dance group that uses the space a minimum of 9 months)
- Annual contractors of space
- Short term requests for space rental (on a first come first serve basis)
- Dance events receive priority to non-dance events
- For-profit uses (video productions, exercise classes, etc.)
If more than one group is interested in a long term rental agreement during the same time slot, priority will be given to groups and organizations with vision and values that are in alignment with Tapestry’s mission.
Small Dance Space:
Approx. 1400 square feet. (119 max occ.)
Large Dance Hall:
Approx. 4000 square feet. (266 max occ.)
Rates vary on the purpose of the rental. Questions or concerns about space rental should be addressed to Melanie Wilbur at 612.722.2914 or e-mail .
Please note: Not all studio activity is noted our website calendar. Call or e-mail Melanie Wilbur about availability.
Tapestry will not allow rentals, if they are open to the public, which will compete with any regular Tapestry event.
- Tapestry does not allow alcohol on the premises.
- Food is not allowed on the dance floors.
For new clients, payment is due in advance. For clients with an established rental history at Tapestry, payment is monthly.
User of any stereo, sound system or other equipment accepts all responsibility associated with its use.
Floors must be swept and all garbage removed at the end of your booking. Additional cleaning is available at a cost of $25/hour and will be billed accordingly.
Tapestry has plenty of free parking in our adjacent lot, the lot across the street (next to Midwest Window), as well as on nearby streets. Watch for signs restricting on-street parking during certain hours to avoid being ticketed.
All damage/loss/repairs will be billed accordingly.